Highlight of KyU Rules and Regulations
All students should read and understand the rules and regulation governing their stay and examinations at KyU. Here are some of the highlights, full text can be downloaded in the student portal:
Defer of studies
- A student may choose to defer studies to a later intake with valid reasons. Such a deferral shall be for a minimum of a semester and a maximum of two years.
- A student may take an academic leave of absence with valid reasons
Students shall be expected to pay at least 60% of the fees before registration of units. Failure to register for units within the first three weeks will lead to disqualification from end of semester examinations.
A student who has qualified to register for any year of study but who has failed to register by the end of the first four weeks of the semester shall be assumed to have deserted the degree course and shall be deregistered forthwith.
Attendance and Participation in a Semester Course(s)
Attendance in classes is normally necessary in order to cover a unit adequately. The attendance policy for KyU is that a student must attend at least two third of the classes to be allowed to sit examinations.
Students who have not commenced attending classes during the first three weeks of classes are generally assumed to have withdrawn from the University.
Conduct of examinations and behavior of students in examinations:
- Students shall produce a valid student identification and examination card.
- Students shall be allowed five minutes to read through the examination paper before commencement.
- No food or drink shall be allowed in examination venue.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices, other than approved examination aids, shall not be permitted in the examination venue.
- No student shall be admitted to the examination venue 30 minutes after the commencement and no additional time shall be allowed.
- In the event of illness, the Principal Invigilator shall ensure Medical attention is availed
- Student to student communication shall not be allowed.
- Unauthorized material shall not be allowed at examination venue.
- Misreading or misinterpreting the timetable does not constitute special circumstances to warrant defer of examination.
- Violation of examination rules will lead to disciplinary action
If for some good cause a candidate is unable to sit for one or more course unit examination(s), he/she may, on the recommendation of the School and with the approval of the University Senate/Academic Board be permitted to take special examinations
Nullification of Results
Any student, who has not presented a genuine examination card while sitting for an examination in any unit, shall have the results of any coursework assessment or examinations, pertaining to that unit, nullified, and shall be subject to any action taken against him/her by the University Disciplinary Committee.
A student who sits for examination without paying requisite fee shall have his/her results nullified.
To access the Students Handbook and other Student Downloads click on the link below.